Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Toronto Fire Services Follow Up and Third Party Mediators

Today I received a call from someone named George (he didn't give a last name) from Toronto fire services. He assured me that Captain Rick Lisinski had investigated my complaints and there were no fire code violations at the scrap yard. Later on in the day I was walking in my back yard with my dogs and noticed a great deal of smoke and an open fire in the scrap yard. Fortunately I had my camera. I snapped off a couple of pictures capturing the cars stacked high above the fence (which is around 10 feet high already). After collecting some photos I called Captain Rick Lisinski directly at (416)338-9463 and spoke with him. He assured me that the cars were not stacked any higher than two high today as he had paid a visit to the scrap yard. I am unsure which yard he visited but I have never persoanlly witnesed cars stacked that low. I have also noted a pile of scrap that is about 30 feet high, sometimes with cars piled at the very top. Who knows what kind of materials make up this pile.

I sent the following email to Captain Rick Lisinski:

"Dear Captain Lisinski

As a follow up to my complaints regarding operations in the scrap yard on 96 Hyde Ave. I would like to include this photo taken from my back yard at approximately 4:00 on the afternoon of November 1, 2006. As is clearly visible there are cars stacked above the fence line and an open fire can be observed in the yard.

Regards,

Sean Kloosterman"

and I attached the following picture to the email (Sadly the blog upload isn't as nice as the one I sent, I had to use a zoom of the photo I sent in to clearly show the fire on the blog, the cars have been cut out of the picture below)



This is another picture which I did not send that gives an overview of a typical day at the scrap yard, I include it to show the cars stacked higher than the 10 foot high fence:



I also received a call from a third party mediator person today who asked me about wht complaints I had regarding the scrap yard so I rattled off my grocery list of complaints and she told me that she would get back to me.

-Sean Kloosterman

No comments: